- Process and reviews practitioners’ initial and recredentialing applications within the NCQA and TJC guidelines for UIHC.
- Obtains and completes primary source verifications on practitioners’ education, training, and hospital affiliations.
- Obtains and completes primary source verifications on practitioners’ licensure, DEA, Iowa State Controlled Substance Certificate, peer references, malpractice coverage, board certifications, CPR, background checks, and health compliances.
- Tracks outstanding verifications and applications, performs appropriate follow-up.
- Provides completed peer reference evaluations to department heads for their review prior to privileging to ensure that a practitioner’s caregiving experience and history match UIHC and departmental expectations.
- Creates and distributes re-credentialing and reaffirmation profiles to clinical departments; this cycle is performed every 2 years for all practitioners.
- Performs database entry (for UIHC and outside clients) and updates practitioner information in the CSO database.
- Works with clients external to UIHC to provide credentialing services, including verifications, initial and recredentialing documents, and the tracking of upcoming due dates.
- Obtains and verifies updated licensures and certifications.
- Works with the CSO team to confirm all privileging requirements are met for new and continuing practitioners.
- Serves as a liaison to UI hospital departments and external entities
Graduate of Davenport West High School. Worked as co-op student during senior year in high school at a local hospital, which spiked my interest to continue working in the medical field. Gained experience in the medical field as a medical record department secretary, medical record coder, cardiopulmonary/cath lab secretary and transcriber, then for 20+ years as a Credentialing Coordinator/Specialist credentialing providers and primary source verifying practitioners’ information for initial and reappointment, providing credentialing support to the Vice President, Medical Affair, Credentials Committee, assisting with Joint Commission accrediting processes, and helping to initiate an electronic credentialing database.
- Certified Professional Credentialing Specialist
- NAMSS (National Association of Medical Staff Specialists)
- IAMSS (Iowa Association of Medical Staff Specialists)
Special Interests and Activities
Reading, baking, fishing, camping, nature walks with my dogs and spending quality time with family and friends
Office Address: C13 GH
When asked, “What inspires you?”
“New challenges and adventures in life.“