- Coordinates documentation improvement & coding audits, providing physician documentation improvement education at the department level. This individual will be required to make independent decisions regarding documentation for accurate ICD-10–CM/ICD-10-CM-PCS code assignment and quality related challenges.
- Accountable for CDI nursing and department level successes as demonstrated through various indices which include but not limited to accurate Severity of Illness (SOI) / Risk of Mortality (ROM) capture rates, Complicating or Comorbid Condition (CC) / Major Complicating or Comorbid Condition (MCC) capture rates, Case Mix Index (CMI) analysis, physician query- response rates, and tracking financial variances.
- Institutes strategies that will facilitate effective collaboration between the Director, Clinical Documentation Improvement, Director/Manager of Health Information Management, Administration and other applicable departments as it relates to clinical documentation improvement.
- Develops and maintains the relationships with other departments and University colleges to facilitate collaboration and achievement of department, hospital and UI Health Care goals.
- Promotes inter and intra departmental relations as a steward of Service Excellence.
- Represents the CDI Director on hospital and UI Health Care subcommittees; chairs committees as requested.
- Represents the CDI on various internal and external committees and associations.
- Addition responsibilities include collection/analysis of data, project management and quality assurance/compliance.
- University of Dubuque: MBA (Current- Expected Graduation 2023)
- Coe College: BSN
- Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS)
- Volunteering at local animal shelters
Available on both Voalte Me/Skype
When asked “What inspires you?”
“All the healthcare workers working during the COVID-19 pandemic. Their courage and compassion during such a difficult time is such an inspiration to me.”