If you’ve been following the news or watching the COVID-19 numbers reported in Noon News, you’ve likely seen a noticeable difference in the status of the pandemic in the U.S. as compared to just a month ago. Unfortunately, the evolution of the pandemic is not trending in a positive direction. However, there is still positive news to share.
We’re equipped with the resources we need to focus on safety.
If you haven’t yet received your COVID-19 vaccine, it’s as easy as a call to our Employee Health Clinic at 319-356-3631 to ask your questions and get your vaccination scheduled.
Wondering how to encourage your patients, family members, or friends to get vaccinated?
- According to the Kaiser Family Foundation, eight in 10 people look to their health care providers when deciding whether to receive the COVID-19 vaccination. Check out our guide for addressing vaccine hesitancy with your patients.
- Did you know we have fact-based vaccine information you can share with family and friends? View more at uihc.org/covid-vaccine.
- As a reminder, you can find our own safety guidelines, tips, and information on The Loop.
- Pediatric resources are available on uichildrens.org. This includes tips for helping remind kids to wash their hands, a Q&A video with pediatrician Hao Tran, MD, on keeping kids safe as they return to school, among many other resources for families.
- Looking for general safety resources? Our COVID-19 hub on uihc.org has information about COVID-19 testing for patients, what to do if someone in your home is sick, and more.
The delta variant, which is now causing the vast majority of COVID-19 cases in the U.S., is fundamentally different than the earlier versions of the virus. It spreads more easily, but the way out of this pandemic is the same. We work together, we stick to what we know works when times are tough, and we share the word about how we can all do a little to make a big difference.
Thank you for all that you do, seen and unseen, each and every day.
—Theresa Brennan, MD, Chief Medical Officer