Noon News is a forum for:
- UI Health Care-related events open to faculty, staff, and/or patients (such as flu shots, support group meetings, etc.)
- Announcements regarding events sponsored by UI Health Care-affiliated groups (Children’s Miracle Network, Ronald McDonald House) that are open to staff, faculty, and/or the public
- University of Iowa health-related or professional events of general interest (such as Webinars or work improvement offerings)
- General announcements specific to UI Health Care faculty, staff, students, and volunteers
- Research study announcements
Submission process for events
A Patients’ Library book sale will be held from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Thursday, May 17, in the Pappajohn Pavilion Lobby (Elevator I, Level 1). Questions? Contact Jane Doe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 353-0000.
Items for Noon News may be submitted for consideration by emailing email@example.com at least two business days before the requested publication date. Questions? Call 319-356-1009.
Upcoming events will appear at least once in Noon News and more often as space allows.
Announcements considered for publication must be 30 words or less and include:
- locations (building, room number, elevator, and level)
- correct hyperlinks – if applicable
- contact name
- contact phone number
- contact email address
Items generally not accepted include:
- contest results, thank you messages, or recognition/award news (those can be posted on The Loop, People page)
- announcements requesting specific monetary donations
Submission process for research studies
Research study example
Chocolate eaters are invited to participate in a research study where they undergo a dental exam and a blood draw. Compensation provided. Questions? Contact John Doe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-356-0000.
UI Health Care research study coordinators seeking volunteers may submit announcements to Noon News by emailing email@example.com. It is important that coordinators request a study to be removed from the rotation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those considered for publication must:
- Be 30 words or less
- Include the IRB approval stamp (with IRB ID number and expiration date)
Studies are rotated by the last date published in Noon News; each appears approximately once a month.
Noon News reserves the right to make editorial judgments about all submitted items based on space availability and other discretionary factors that may affect publication of the announcement. All items submitted by SEIU and AFSCME must be approved by the UI Health Care Human Resources Department.
See also: The Loop submission guidelines