Check out new menu items in the Atrium and Fountain Dining Rooms.
Today's COVID-19 updates
Tomorrow: COVID-19 Employee Forum at noon
Starting today: Vancomycin dosing and monitoring
Keeping you in The Loop
COVID-19 vaccine update: Continuing employee vaccinations and preparing to vaccinate patients in Phase 1b
After more than six weeks of employee vaccinations, we will soon begin the next phase of our COVID-19 vaccination journey.
As part of an annual process, you’re required to complete an online “Annual Disclosure of Outside Professional Activities and Interests” through the eCOI electronic disclosure system.
Theresa Ho will explain her role as a microbiologist during a pandemic as part of UI Health Care’s Kids Go STEM virtual program to be held Saturday, Jan. 30. Ho’s session is titled, “Inside Science and Small Wonders.”
COVID-19 announcements and reminders
- Do your patients have questions about the COVID-19 vaccines? We now have a COVID-19 vaccine hub on uihc.org with videos, frequently asked questions, resources and more.
- If patients are concerned about possible COVID-19 symptoms, they may call 319-384-9010 or schedule a video visit through MyChart. Employees should call the University Employee Health Clinic at 319-356-3631.
“Keep up the fight! Be strong! Be mighty! Be happy!”
–@uichildrens Facebook comment #UIHCStrong
We Stand Together
Why was Voalte implemented at UI Health Care? How do I use Voalte Me? How can I call back someone who paged me?
Find answers to these and many other questions on our Voalte page on The Loop.
COVID-19 by the numbers
C-19 adult inpatients: 29 yesterday, 209 calendar year-to-date
C-19 pediatric inpatients: 0 yesterday, 11 calendar year-to-date
% positive symptomatic C-19 test results**: 9% yesterday, 20% calendar year-to-date
Telehealth screenings***: 257 yesterday, 6,810 calendar year-to-date
Employees tested positive (self-reported)*: 5 yesterday, 1,557 to date
Employees who have received the first COVID-19 vaccine dose: 0 yesterday, 8,928 to date
Employees who have received both the first and second/final COVID-19 vaccine doses: 743 yesterday, 4,861 to date
Other news and updates
- The entrance to the Market Place is currently inaccessible due to ongoing work in the Fountain Lobby space. You can access this space through the exit in the Fountain Dining Room (Elevators B and C, Level 1).
- UI Health Care Community Clinics have expanded phlebotomy and specimen collection services at several additional locations. Help our patients get the care they need, where they need it by referring patients for these expanded lab services.
- Spiritual Services holds Midweek Meditations via Zoom from 12:10 to 12:50 p.m. every Wednesday.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Cigarette smokers aged 55-80 are invited to participate in a study about when they do/do not smoke. Quitting not required. Compensation provided. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-214-3980.
Outside UI Health Care
Snowfall totals have varied drastically across eastern Iowa, with most areas picking up 3 to 7 inches. An additional 1 to 3 inches will be likely through the morning before the storm fully exits, KCRG reports.
Dennis, a senior at UCLA, was competing against Arizona State when she executed the routine celebrating Black culture, CNN reports.
New Zealand has kept its community spread of the coronavirus low by keeping tight border controls, NPR reports.
King is the first black woman to serve as a full-time assistant coach in the NFL, NBC Sports reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.