We are caring for 758 inpatients and have 3,726 outpatient visits today.
High: 96 Low: 80 Mostly sunny
High: 98 Low: 78 Sunny
Broadcasts: Need to know
UI Health Care patients now have more options when scheduling MRI appointments. Radiology has extended hours in the Magnetic Resonance (MR) unit at UI Sports Medicine. Additional appointments are now available Monday through Thursday, 4:30 p.m. to 7:10 p.m., for all referring services due to high demand.
The stairwell at Levels 6 and 7 in Roy Carver Pavilion near Elevator EE is closed beginning today through Saturday, Sept. 28, to allow for the existing stairs to be extended up to a new mechanical and electrical enclosure on the rooftop.
News: In The Loop
A national search has begun for the position of executive director of UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital. The executive director is responsible for the overall operational management, strategic planning, and financial leadership of UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital.
The UI’s impact on the communities along the RAGBRAI route—which spans Council Bluffs to Keokuk this year—isn’t always made obvious by visual cues or color schemes. But UI Hospitals & Clinics is serving thousands of Iowans from near and far.
Marta VanBeek, MD, MPH, FAAD, explains that in these sunny and high-temperature days of summer, making your sunscreen as effective as possible is especially important. And that includes checking the expiration date, CBS2 reports.
Events: Join us
- Webinar: Seven conversations managers must have with employees, 11:30 to noon, Tuesday, July 23, 4999 JPP (Elevator I, Level 4), recording of live session
- Corridor Corporate Games: sports and events June and July throughout the Cedar Rapids/Iowa City area. The UI earns points through participation, event placing, and volunteering as we compete against other organizations for the coveted Corporate Cup!
- Progress in Medicine 2019: Learning Together in the 21st Century, Thursday, Sept. 26, and Friday, Sept. 27, Graduate Iowa City Hotel
- Did you know UI Health Care offers women fertility preservation services in its Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Clinic? If you are a woman who doesn’t anticipate becoming pregnant for several years but hope to have a child in the future, fertility preservation might be a good option for you. Visit uihc.org/fertility-preservation-program or call 319-356-1767 to speak with a program coordinator.
- Have questions about your American Heart Association E-Card? Check out the FAQs from the EMSLRC.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Are you between 54 and 75? Participate in a research study of Baby Boomers who go online for health information. Contact Tammy Walkner at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 319-573-8389.
Outside UI Health Care
The UI has partnered with Engineer Your World at the University of Texas at Austin to provide two-week professional development institutes in which educators engage in engineering practices, Iowa Now reports.
After Brooke Dearborn Huston graduated from the UI with a degree in sociology, she now creates stained-glass art out of her home in Iowa City, according to The Daily Iowan.
U.S. overdose deaths last year likely fell for the first time in nearly three decades, The Associated Press reports.
The ongoing Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo now constitutes a public health emergency of international concern, CNN reports.
There were around 50 pilot whales beached on St. Simons Island, Georgia, so people of all ages worked together to push most of them back out to sea, Live Science reports.
The 2019 Open Championship kicks off today—here’s what you need to know before the golf tournament begins, according to Forbes.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.