We are caring for 764 inpatients and have 4,167 outpatient visits today.
High: 28 Low: 26 Mostly cloudy
High: 31 Low: 17 Chance snow
Events: Join us
- Living Peace Meditation: 12:10 to 12:50 p.m. today, Meditation Room (Level 12), UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital
- Performance Leadership Training: 9 to 11 a.m. tomorrow, Ziffren Conference Room (Elevator H, Level 1)
- Skills for Educators Workshop: How to Design Instruction, 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. Friday, Jan. 18, Melrose Conference Room 1 and 2 (Elevator L, Level 5)
- Retirement reception honoring John H. Staley, PhD, senior associate director of UI Hospitals & Clinics: 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 29, Clasen Board Room (Elevator H, Level 1). Remarks will begin at 2:30 p.m. (note corrected time)
News: In The Loop
In its 2019 rankings of “Best Employers for Diversity,” Forbes ranked UI Health Care No. 24 overall among 500 large employers nationwide and No. 2 in its Healthcare & Social category.
Iowa could soon be cranking out more new psychiatrists if legislators follow Gov. Kim Reynolds’ plan to pay for more psychiatric training at the University of Iowa and at two locations in Des Moines, The Des Moines Register reports.
With the start of the 88th Iowa General Assembly, the Iowa Harm Reduction Coalition is encouraging people to let their legislators know how they stand on legal syringe service programs. And they make it easy for you with a handy toolkit. Also see where different states stand.
- The Bread Garden Cafe is now offering gift cards. Stop by a UI Hospitals & Clinics location to purchase.
- Influenza is increasing in our community. Take steps to protect our patients and each other: Read about preventing the flu, including steps all staff should take, as well as standard precautions and isolation practices for patient care staff.
- UI faculty and staff can work one-on-one with a health coach to help facilitate goals that impact overall well-being. A health coach is a free, confidential, nonjudgmental, and motivational resource.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Parents and infants are invited to a research study at the UI Department of Psychology. Compensation. Contact Kochanska Child Lab at 319-335-0500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outside UI Health Care
A new partnership between two Iowa City organizations will provide financial assistance to help families afford low-income housing, The Daily Iowan reports.
A rare natural phenomenon is taking shape in Maine, mesmerizing people around the world, BBC reports.
One little girl in Belgorod, Russia, recently had the best snow day ever thanks to her dad’s creative engineering, Mashable reports.
British Prime Minister Theresa May faced a no-confidence vote today, a day after Parliament rejected her Brexit deal, complicating Britain’s planned exit from the European Union, The Associated Press reports.
The companies will focus on virtually connecting people to provide services ranging from preventive self-care to chronic disease management, Reuters reports.
The Adapt BB laces itself and lets users adjust manually or digitally to find the perfect fit, CNBC reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.