Tired of being tired? Try the Refresh Smartphone App for a better night’s sleep.
Today's COVID-19 Updates
COVID-19 by the numbers
C-19 adult inpatients: 18 yesterday, 522 to date
C-19 pediatric inpatients: 0 yesterday, 27 to date
% positive symptomatic C-19 test results*: 19% yesterday, 18% to date
Employees tested positive (self-reported)**: 6 yesterday, 539 to date
Telehealth screenings***: 204 yesterday, 46,662 to date
Keeping you in The Loop
With nearly 40,000 visits since opening in March, the UI Hospitals & Clinics Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) Clinic’s efficient workflows and expert staff suggest years of planning.
In recognition of the American Medical Association’s Women in Medicine Month, the Department of Internal Medicine asked a number of women faculty members for their thoughts on the subject.
COVID-19 announcements and reminders
- Not sure which personal protective equipment (PPE) to wear and when? View our graphic to make sure you’re properly outfitted with the correct PPE.
- If you’re concerned about having symptoms of COVID-19, call ahead to the University Employee Health Clinic at 319-356-3631. Read more on The Loop’s COVID-19 page under employee health.
Social shout out
“To all of you friends at UIHC I send you my thanks for your hard work!”
–@uihealthcare Facebook comment #UIHCStrong
We Stand Together
We’re one week into our annual employee flu vaccination campaign. Have you received your flu vaccination yet?
View this video from CEO Suresh Gunasekaran to learn why this year, getting vaccinated is more important than ever.
Epic: What's New
See the Epic Status Report for Sept. 29, 2020, for all updates and screenshots.
- Service Interruption—Wednesday, Sept. 30, at 10 p.m. for 60 seconds
- Practice Environment
- Downtime Preparations
- Freeze Dates and Workflow Limitations
- Annual Diagnosis Database Upgrade Oct. 1
Other news and updates
- Employee flu vaccination clinic at the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center: until 2:30 p.m. today
- Junior faculty in any department/college who wish to pursue pilot projects broadly related to basic and clinical areas of cancer research can apply for a seed grant from Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center’s American Cancer Society Institutional Research Grant. Submissions are due by noon on Monday, Nov 2.
- The UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital Safety Store (Level 1) carries a number of pain management products as part of September’s Pain Awareness Month.
Outside UI Health Care
The University of Iowa has received renewed funding as part of Center for Sustainable Nanotechnology, Iowa Now reports.
Lulu Merle Johnson is one of the university’s most accomplished Black graduates, Iowa Now reports.
Cool air has settled into place behind yesterday’s cold front across eastern Iowa, CBS2 reports.
In California—where more than 3.6 million acres have burned this year—two new wildfires grew by nearly 10,000 acres in one day, CNN reports.
Space bubbles are frothing up business at a New York bistro, offering fresh air in safe capsules on sidewalks for customers on guard against the coronavirus, Reuters reports.
A lot has changed at Finkbine Golf Course since last fall, and the Hawkeye golf programs are enjoying the transformation, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.