We are caring for 746 inpatients and have 4,325 outpatient visits today.
High: 18 Low: 11 Sunny
High: 31 Low: 21 Chance snow
- An outage caused by a technology-related issue resulted in a temporary loss of telephone service to the Admission and Transfer Center and the Integrated Call Center from approximately 7 to 9 p.m. last night. During that time, outside callers were unable to call into UI Hospitals & Clinics. If an external partner contacts you with any patient care concerns, please call Keri Semrau at 319-356-4689 or pager 1059.
- As a part of a General Hospital masonry repair project, teams will be photographing the exterior of the General Hospital building in the courtyards between Nov. 4 and 17. Photography will use tethered ropes from the roof to lower cameras to survey the masonry.
- The Department of Surgery has implemented service pagers. These are the primary means of communication for each division within the department and can be used 24/7 to communicate with providers caring for patients on those services. Additional resources can be provided by reaching out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
News: In The Loop
There are many different approaches to meeting the challenges of family medicine. But for David Bedell, MD, the answer is all about trust and personal interaction.
When it comes to competition for space and nutrients, certain bacteria really do not like to share.
Events: Join us
- Faculty seminar: Negotiation Skills Workshop, 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. tomorrow, Melrose Conference Rooms I and II (Elevator M, Level 5), register by emailing email@example.com
- Men’s Health Seminar: Sleep apnea, 6 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 14, UI Health Care–Iowa River Landing
- Housing is Health Care: 5 to 6 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2117 MERF
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Inpatient nurses in medical-surgical, children’s and women’s, intensive and specialty, and pyschiatric services are invited to participate in research about patient safety communication. Compensation. Contact Patricia Groves at firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-335-7117.
Outside UI Health Care
A new collaboration was formed to provide financial support for neighborhoods in Iowa City to help improve public health, The Daily Iowan reports.
Shelter House in Iowa City opened its lobby for overflow space for people experiencing homelessness, KWWL reports.
Scorched by days of unrelenting wildfires, parts of southeast Australia are facing “catastrophic fire danger,” NPR reports.
Google has signed its biggest cloud computing customer in healthcare to date in a deal giving it access to datasets that could help it tune artificial intelligence tools, Reuters reports.
The Hawkeyes earned an at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament for only the second time in program history, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.