We are caring for 690 inpatients and have 4,019 outpatient visits today.
High: 42 Low: 21 Cloudy
High: 31 Low: 21 Mostly cloudy
- The lane reduction on Hospital Loop Drive near Carver Pavilion will end at approximately 3 p.m. Friday, Dec. 15.
- Find daily specials on games, toys, and injury prevention products from today to Saturday, Dec. 16, at Kaleidoscope Gift Shop and Safety Store (Level 1) in UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital. Questions? Call 319-356-4322.
News: In The Loop
UI Health Care employees and volunteers are invited to participate in one of several Q&A sessions with Brooks Jackson, MD, MBA, vice president for medical affairs and dean of the Carver College of Medicine. Save the dates: Tuesday, Jan. 16; Wednesday, Jan. 17; Monday, Jan. 29; or Tuesday. Feb. 6.
The more Brooks Jackson, MD, MBA, learned about overseeing both the UI’s $1.4 billion-a-year health care enterprise and its Carver College of Medicine, the more interested he became, The Gazette reports.
Mark Granner, MD, and Andrew Peterson, MD, discuss the diagnosis and management of concussions in student athletes, The Gazette reports.
Events: Join us
- Fourth Floor Salon sale: 8 a.m to 4 p.m. tomorrow and Friday, Dec. 15, Fountain Entrance Lobby (Elevator C, Level 1).
- UI Optical 20 percent off sale on eyewear: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. tomorrow at Pomerantz Family Pavilion (Elevator L, Level 2) and at UI Health Care–Iowa River Landing (Level 2). Questions? Contact 319-384-9922 or email@example.com.
- All UI Health Care employees and volunteers are invited to a staff appreciation meal from 10:30 a.m. tomorrow to 4 a.m. Friday, Dec. 15. Bring your badge to scan; no tickets needed this year. See locations and menus on The Loop.
We’re your biggest fans! Engineering Services cares for about 200 air handling units.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- UI Health Care workers who have experienced a stressful occupational event, and whose supervisors have contacted the UI Hospitals and Clinics Debriefing Team, are invited to a study examining programs to reduce stress. Attend a group meeting with the debriefing team and complete surveys. Compensation provided. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outside UI Health Care
Johnson County residents now can text 911 from most main phone carriers, The Daily Iowan reports.
Two years from now, people could be enjoying a game or listening to a concert at the new Iowa Arena in Coralville, KCRG reports. The $12 million arena will be located at the Iowa River Landing, with a seating capacity of more than 6,200.
An Iowa school bus became engulfed in flames yesterday morning, killing the driver and a student, ABC News reports. The bus was on its route in the farm town of Oakland, Iowa, before backing out of a driveway and landing in a ditch where it caught fire.
A boy at a school in Okinawa, Japan, was injured when a helicopter from a nearby U.S. Marine Corps base lost a windshield as it flew overhead, IPR reports. The 17-pound window landed about 15 feet from the boy, who was hurt by flying gravel.
Stubbornness and optimism may be keys to a long life, according to U.S. News & World Report. Researchers hunting for clues to longevity focused on nine remote villages in southern Italy where there are hundreds of residents older than 90.
Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers announced he has been cleared to play, NBC reports. His return on Sunday will come nine weeks after he suffered a broken collarbone.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.