We are caring for 759 inpatients and have 3,110 outpatient visits today.
High: 79 Low: 65 Heavy rain
High: 82 Low: 60 Thunderstorms
Broadcasts: Need to know
On Wednesday, May 29, and Thursday, May 30 (corrected dates), many of the adult and pediatric psychiatry and psychology providers will be moving to new locations in John Pappajohn Pavilion. New locations will be:
- UI Behavioral Health Clinic (adult): Elevator I, Level 1
- Adult Psychiatry Clinic: Elevator I, Level 1
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Clinic: Elevator I, Level 2
- Adult and Child Psychology: Elevator I, Level 2
News: In The Loop
Like father, like daughter, they see eye to eye—even in their chosen careers. Wallace L.M. Alward, MD, has been a UI faculty member since 1987, and last summer, his daughter, Erin Boese, MD, joined the department.
Graduate Medical Education (GME) recently awarded its annual Teaching Awards for Excellence in Clinical Coaching, Excellence in Interprofessional Education and Practice, and the GME Leadership Impact Award.
Honoring Your Wishes invites all community members to submit writings based on the themes of love, forgiveness, and gratitude for a writing contest. Winners will be published in Little Village magazine.
Events: Join us
- Now, New, and Next-Gen 3D Printing in Medical Innovation: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday, May 30, Conference Center, 2415 JCP
- 2019 Walk to End Epilepsy: Saturday, June 1, Shelter 6, City Park, Iowa City
- Auction for Action: Silent auction to benefit the UI Mobile Clinic, 6 to 9 p.m., Thursday, June 6, Vue Rooftop, 328 S. Clinton St., Iowa City
- Quilling cards are now in Wild Rose Gifts (Elevator E, Level 1). Quilling is the art of rolling, coiling, and shaping of small strips of paper to create three-dimensional design. Don’t just send a card, send art nice enough for framing. Wild Rose Gifts is open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. weekdays and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekends.
- Every patient’s story is personal and can inspire others. Patients and families can share their meaningful or positive experiences with UI Health Care through the “Share Your Story” links on uihc.org or uichildrens.org.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Adults age 50 and older are invited to sign up for the Seniors Together in Aging Research (STAR) Registry, a voluntary registry that connects individuals interested in participating in research studies. Compensation for some studies. Questions? Call 319-335-7569, email email@example.com, or visit icts.uiowa.edu/star.
Outside UI Health Care
With the recent severe weather in Missouri and western Iowa, Linn County Emergency management advises purchasing a weather radio and creating a plan of action, KCRG reports.
Memorial day is this weekend, so if you don’t have any plans, you’re in luck because there are plenty of events to celebrate in eastern Iowa, KWWL reports.
The company that makes the annual rankings of best colleges says the University of Oklahoma gave “inflated” data for two decades, so the university will be unranked this year, CNN reports.
Hundreds of same-sex couples in Taiwan rushed to get married today, the first day a landmark decision that legalized same-sex marriage took effect, The Associated Press reports.
This Memorial Day weekend, there are a ton of great fashion sales on shoes, clothing, bags, and accessories, the Huffington Post reports.
The Toronto Raptors now lead the Eastern Conference finals against the Milwaukee Bucks, 3-2, NBC Sports reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.