We are caring for 759 inpatients and have 2,387 outpatient visits today.
High: 52 Low: 27 Sunny
High: 55 Low: 40 Sunny
Broadcasts: Need to know
The Main Entrance to UI Hospitals & Clinics will be closed from 3:30 a.m. Saturday, March 23, to 8 p.m. Sunday, March 24, to allow for installation of a tower crane. The Level 2 skyway just outside the Main Entrance will also be closed between the escalator and north elevator from Parking Ramp 2 (see map at link above). The Fountain Lobby Entrance (Elevator C, Level 1) will serve as the temporary main entrance during this time.
Beginning at 6 p.m. this evening, Elevator E will not stop at Level 3. It will return to service at 11 p.m. tomorrow.
News: In The Loop
Many of you asked for more updates on construction projects, so here’s one to start! See the current status and floor plans of a variety of construction and renovation projects managed by UI Health Care Capital Management.
Congratulations to Abby Bird from Cancer Clinic A, who was awarded this month’s DAISY award.
Events: Join us
- Frontiers in Pediatrics Research Seminar: Pia Wintermark, MD, noon to 1 p.m. Monday, March 25, Conference Center, 2415 JCP (Elevator F, Level 2)
- Project Art presents the Brentano String Quartet: 1 p.m. Tuesday, April 2, Colloton Pavilion Atrium (Elevator F, Level 1)
- Artificial Hearts: A Controversial Medical Technology and its Sensational Patient Cases, 6 to 9 p.m. Friday, April 5, 1220 1st Ave, Coralville
- UI Health Care cycling jerseys are now available for order. Orders must be placed by Tuesday, April 2, and jerseys will be delivered by May 24, just in time for your Memorial Day bike ride.
- Joint Office for Compliance reminds employees to only access patient records if you have a legitimate business or care-related reason to do so, or if you have prior documented patient consent. Inappropriate access to a patient’s medical record may result in termination. Questions? Call 319-384-8282.
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Children ages 7 to 13 with normal hearing are invited to a research study on visual learning. Study requires one two-hour visit to the Pediatric Audiology Lab. Compensation. Contact 712-790-6166 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outside UI Health Care
The Iowa City area faces an elevated chance of flooding this spring, but local officials say a catastrophe like the flood of 2008 is unlikely, the Iowa City Press-Citizen reports.
Eleven-year-old Kael Dewey from Shell Rock, Iowa, is back home after a spring break he will never forget, KWWL reports.
For the first time in more than 100 years, life expectancy in the United States is declining, CNN reports.
Millions of Facebook users’ passwords were sitting in plain text inside the company’s data storage, leaving them vulnerable to misuse or cyberattack, NPR reports.
The 10th-seeded Hawkeyes meet seventh-seed Cincinnati today in first-round NCAA men’s basketball tournament action, The Gazette reports.
*Subscription service, limited access
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.