We are caring for 773 inpatients and have 3,029 outpatient visits today.
High: 27 Low: 26 Heavy snow
High: 34 Low: -2 Chance snow
- There will be no Noon News on Monday, Jan. 20, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- Sub-zero temperatures are upon us and with such weather comes the risk of freezing pipes. Please make sure all windows are closed, especially when leaving for the weekend.
- Do you have one of our jumbo cards from the Project Thankful campaign? Please email email@example.com with the location of the card so that we can arrange for them to be picked up.
- Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center announces its Aiming For A Cure Foundation seed grant opportunity. Letters of intent deadline is noon, Friday, Feb. 14.
- Nominations are open for the Lola Lopes Award for Undergraduate Student Advocacy. Nominate a current UI administrator, staff member, or non-teaching role faculty who supports undergraduate education by Feb. 28.
News: In The Loop
Missed the State of the Enterprise presentation by Brooks Jackson, MD, MBA, last night? You can now view a recorded video of this event and the strategic planning presentation.
Events: Join us
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy program: 10 a.m. to noon Wednesdays, Jan. 22 to March 11
- UI Health Care Strategic Planning Listening Session: noon to 1 p.m. Monday, Jan. 27, Medical Alumni Auditorium, E331 GH (Elevator BE, Level 3)
- Family Services: Financial Planning Course for Caregivers: 3:30 to 5 p.m. Wednesdays, beginning Jan. 29, online and in Melrose Conference Room 4 (Elevator M, Level 5)
- Collaborative vaping research workshop: 2 to 3:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 31, College of Public Health Building, C217
- Excellence Every Time: a program for all faculty and staff focused on safety, quality, and the patient connection; choose a half-day session March 10 or 11, or August 25 or 26; transportation provided
Research volunteers invited
Find more research studies at uihc.org/studies.
- Health care providers are invited to participate in a study expanding access to medication assisted treatment (MAT) for opioid use disorders. Eligible clinicians will complete a free MAT training, which leads to a waiver to prescribe buprenorphine to treat OUD. For details and registration, email Co-MAT-IA@healthcare.uiowa.edu.
Outside UI Health Care
Here’s a prediction of what you should expect during the Winter Storm Warning in effect until 6 p.m. tomorrow, KWWL reports.
First-time voters and college students in Iowa have had more access to the presidential candidates than any other student body in the country, The Daily Iowan reports.
A family’s dog gave birth to a healthy litter of eight puppies, but she also delivered one very colorful surprise, ABC News reports.
The wetland acquisition will protect the wildlife habitat of more 60 endangered and threatened species, ABC News reports.
Hope for an effective and inexpensive treatment for the deadly condition has dimmed following results of a major new study, NPR reports.
Junior guard Alexis Sevillian hit a 3-pointer with eight seconds to go, giving the Iowa women’s basketball team a 76-75 victory over Minnesota, The Daily Iowan reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to firstname.lastname@example.org and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.