We are caring for 748 inpatients and have 3,529 outpatient visits today.
High: 87 Low: 69 Mostly sunny
High: 78 Low: 64 T-storms likely
Broadcasts: Need to know
Parking Ramp 2 will be closed again for maintenance from 6 p.m. today until 3 a.m. Monday, Sept. 23. Vehicles will not be permitted to enter the ramp after 4 p.m. today. Vehicles not removed by 6 p.m. will be relocated. Questions? Contact UI Parking and Transportation at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 319-335-1475.
News: In The Loop
Twenty-five years ago, Kyle Nelson was cared for by Edward Bell, MD, in our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. In 2014, Nelson helped build UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital. And this August, he was reunited with Bell when his newborn son needed emergency care.
With hopes of winning scholarship money, more than 200 Carver College of Medicine students showed up at the Francis X. Cretzmeyer Track last weekend for the second annual Carver Black and Gold Mile Run.
Carson King’s fundraising efforts for UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital, counting matches by Busch and Venmo, has topped $470,000. He made an appearance on Good Morning America this morning, and our patients and staff surprised him with a little video of our gratitude.
To confront opioid addictions, about two years ago the UI Opioid Addiction Clinic started prescribing buprenorphine, the first approved medication to be dispensed by physicians to treat opioid dependency, the Iowa City Press-Citizen reports.
Events: Join us
- Ponseti Kids for a Cause Fun Run: 8:15 a.m. tomorrow, Coralville Marriott
- Iowa Miles for Myeloma: 11 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 22, Terry Trueblood Recreation Area, shelter #1, Iowa City
- Out of the Darkness Walk for suicide prevention: noon to 4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 22, Coralville Youth Sports Complex
- Frontiers in Pediatrics Research Seminar: Aaron Boes, MD, PhD, on “What can we learn about brain development from patients with focal lesions?” noon to 1 p.m. Monday, Sept. 23, Conference Center, 2415 JCP (Elevator F, Level 2)
- Excellence Every Time: morning or afternoon sessions, Tuesday or Wednesday, Sept. 24 or 25, Coralville Marriott
- 2019 Midwest Region Burn Conference: Thursday and Friday, Oct. 3 and 4, Graduate Hotel, Iowa City
- The UI First-Generation Task Force established four 1stGen@Iowa Awards that recognize first-generation student achievements and support efforts of faculty. Nominate someone you know by Friday, Oct. 4.
Outside UI Health Care
The UI will experience a change in policy regarding promotional raises of faculty salaries, The Daily Iowan reports
Flooding in Houston yesterday made highways and other roads impassable as hundreds of cars were left abandoned, CNN reports.
Hundreds of thousands of protesters from across the globe took to the streets to demand action from world leaders on environmental change ahead of a U.N. climate summit, Reuters reports.
Tech giant Apple provides tips on how to navigate its new iPhone update, iOS 13, The Associated Press reports.
The LA Dodgers are the best fastball-hitting team in baseball and, in the postseason, that may be the deciding factor on who wins the World Series, ESPN reports.
Send announcements for Noon News to email@example.com and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.