As the holidays are approaching and this calendar year will soon be coming to an end, I would like to extend my thanks to each and every one of you for your contributions towards our Department’s achievements in patient care, education, research, and public health. I look forward to working with all of you in the coming year to help make the world a better place for the children and families we serve. I wish you and your families a joyous holiday season and a happy and healthy new year.
The annual performance review cycle is underway. The Department of Pediatrics has established a goal to have all performance reviews completed no later than February 28, 2019. Below is an outline of the necessary steps to complete this process. Please review the Self-Evaluation Guidelines for assistance on completing a well-rounded self-evaluation. You will need to send your completed self-evaluation form via the online performance review tool to your supervisor no later than December 14, 2018.
P&S Review Process
- Employee initiates “Create New Review” in Online Performance Review Tool.
- Employee completes self-evaluation, either using the system tool or utilize paper self-evaluation form that can be uploaded into the system (attached). This should be completed and sent to supervisor in the online performance review tool by December 14th.
- Supervisor utilizes request feedback option in Online Performance Review tool.
- Supervisor completes supervisor comments and rating in the Performance Review tool (does not finalize). Supervisor should upload employee’s self-evaluation into system at this time.
- Supervisor has discussion with employee.
- Supervisor clicks “Finalize Performance Review” which sends the form to employee for acknowledgement.
- Employee electronically signs form and adds additional comments.
- Performance Review is automatically uploaded into employee’s ePersonnel file.
You can access the Performance Review tool and last year’s review through Self-Service under the Personal tab.
If you need a copy of your current job description to use as a reference during this process, you may email the general Pediatrics HR email address (listed below). In the event your job duties and responsibilities have changed or evolved over the last year, please work with you supervisor to update the attached job description and return an updated copy to Pediatrics Human Resources.
Please do not hesitate to email PedsUIChildrensHR@healthcare.uiowa.edu with any questions.
The Department received a generous gift of $4.5 million from the Jacobson Foundation based out of Des Moines. This gift from the Jacobson Foundation will create an endowed chair for the Division of Medical Genetics and Genomics, as well as an additional Chair to be named, for $2 million apiece. The gift will also provide $500,000 to support training and recruitment of needed pediatric specialists for the state of Iowa.
The Department of Pediatrics has had remarkable success over the past decade in advancing our missions and pursuing our goal to be a world-class pediatric program. We are now initiating a multi-phase strategic planning process to set the vision, goals, and strategy for our department for the next decade. This process will afford us the opportunity to critically assess the progress we have made and determine where we need to go next in our pursuit of excellence. Our division and department leaders, including Division Directors, Vice Chairs and the Executive Leadership Team will drive this initiative. Additionally, all staff will be invited to participate during one or more phases of the process.
The Stead Investiture Ceremony from April 2015 is embedded below.