There are two important Epic upgrades coming in December.
- December 7 – 2019 System Upgrade
- The next system update to Epic goes live December 7th at 1:00 AM. Check out the Epic Report Support Site for a full deck of upgrade slides.
- Beginning October 28, providers can also begin practicing with the new Epic layouts and features in the Epic Playground.
- There will be drop-in help days established in the near future so any provider can drop-in and get some help with the new updates, as needed.
- December 17 – MyChart Proxy Access update
- UI Health Care has decided to provide parents and legal guardians with full access to their child’s information via MyChart up until 14. At that point, they can continue to view their child’s MyChart account, but with a limited level of access to information. They can print immunization records, send messages to clinic staff, and pay bills. Additionally, parents and legal guardians always have access to any portion of their child’s medical record to which they are legally entitled. They can request this information via MyChart or in a letter addressed to Health Information Management Department.
- This change from full to limited access in MyChart for parents and legal guardians when the child turns age 14 will go into effect on December 17, 2019.
- Additionally, if the patient has a long-term chronic illness, we have now created a new type of MyChart Parental/Legal Guardian (Unrestricted) Access. This allows providers to grant full parental/legal guardian access after the child turns 14 years old. This access is good for one year and needs to be renewed annually if appropriate. Providers will need to have private conversations with both the patient and parent/legal guardian before access can be granted.
- Additional resources can be found here or here.